Saturday, March 26, 2005

Heavy Air Traffic + Thunderstorms =

...a long, long day for The Cheerful Oncologist, who dragged his weary (but tanned) corpus delecti back to St. Louis - arriving home at 2 A.M. today. I didn't even break my personal record for waiting for a flight at the airport. Seven hours of cooling the heels in a smallish airport with only one restaurant is nothing compared to the stories from some more seasoned air warriors - so technically speaking I have no right to complain!

My next essay, entitled "A Wanderer in the Land of Happiness" (or something like that) will magically appear as soon as I write it (yawn).

P.S. -to all those beachcombers reading The DaVinci Code - get a life! Try reading Young Adolf by Beryl Bainbridge, or The Mating Season by P. G. Wodehouse, or Relativity Demystified, by ... [at this point our narrator's memory failed him. -Ed.]

5 Comments:

At 8:31 PM, Blogger Keith "Nurse Keith" Carlson, RN, BSN, NC-BC said...

I just wanted to let you know that I enjoy your blog and have posted a link to it on my own, Digital Doorway (http://www.digitaldoorway.blogspot.com). Thanks for your great writing.

 
At 12:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

People are still reading that book? There's a great documentary called "The Real Da Vinci Code" that debunks every part of Dan Brown's regurgitated myth-hoax.

-Ali

 
At 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

P. G. Wodehouse!! Almost anything by Wodehouse.With you all the way on that one. The others I will have to check out.
-Abby (abfausto@hotmail.com)

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Joan said...

Wodehouse is perfect beach/poolside reading! Nothing to trouble the conscience, just delightful language and silly people doing sillier things. Now, if only I could go to the beach/pool without having to be on lifeguard duty!

 
At 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As many links as you want!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home